Feminist Alliance Meeting Notes
1. Woman’s Choice Flyers – Have you seen the flyers that are posted all over campus from the Woman’s Choice student group? I was wondering how everyone feels about doing our own poster in response with our information on it. Something like “Do you want to avoid getting pregnant? Do you want to know ALL of your options if you get pregnant?” Please let me know what you think and we can hang them up when we hang up flyers for our event.
2. Summer Retreat? Application due by March 30th – Not everyone was at the meeting so I didn’t get a real picture of whether or not the group would like to do a planning retreat this summer. The Kentucky Foundation for Women has a house that they open to feminist groups, free of charge, for retreats. I think it would be a great chance for us to get to know one another. I was thinking that we could do it either right after school ends in early May or right before school begins in August. Please let me know if you would like to do this so that I can apply for the space before the deadline.
3. Booklet – is nearly finished and going out for final edits today!
4. Update on speakers and organizations invited – we have two confirmed speakers and the president of Med Students for choice is trying to see if any of the students in his organization can speak. Also, we have 7 confirmed groups who are going to host tables.
5. PR Plan and Update
- Hannah is going to deal with all of the newspapers and media outlets. It would be really good to contact the RSO PR department for help because they may be able to do a news release for us (852-6695).
- Megan will need ALL of our help hanging up flyers on March 29th, 3:30 pm, meet in the Anne Braden Institute. Please email Alisha if you can come.
- Megan is going to make a facebook event and invite all of us. We will also post to our wordpress page.
- Megan is going to need some help with chalking (although she has a few roommates who have volunteered to help as well!). The date hasn’t been decided yet.
6. Activities/Decorations Plan and Update
- We will be doing a raffle for various items that Tasha has procured – Artwork, t-shirts, gift certificate
- We will be selling condom flowers
- There will be feminist music for download
- Tasha is working on a linen for guests to write notes on which we will put near the front of the stage with markers (need to add permanent markers to supply list)
- We will have a sugar table cookie where folks can decorate their own sugar cookies and we will also be giving away mini quiche at this table (easter cupcake holders need to be added to the supply list)
- We will have an egg and spoon race
- We will have an easter egg hunt
- We need to secure prizes for these activities. If anyone knows anywhere they can get a gift certificate donated from, please email them a.s.a.p. and let Tasha or Alisha know. Tasha and Alisha will work on this as well.
7. Budget Update – we still only have $150 for the event so we will need to make the sugar cookies, quiche, and items we need for activities. So—that means a party! Of course! We are going to meet to have a girl fun party on April 1st, 3-7 p.m. at Tasha’s house (email firstname.lastname@example.org for the address). We will bake, stuff plastic eggs for the hunt, and make condom flowers to sell, eat food and treats, and watch movies while we do all of the above. Please r.s.v.p. to Alisha—we need all of the help we can get! Also, we need everyone who comes to bring a thing of Ziploc bags or disposable Tupperware and muffin pans.